Montana to Blackfoot, Idaho

Well, other than spending the day driving I didn’t do much else. Unless you consider the excitement of filling up my gas tank for $80.00. It’s the first time in a long time when I looked down I saw my gauge in the red and the yellow warning light came on indicating low fuel. I never do these things, but I must’ve been in “the zone” while driving. Either way, I made it to the next gas station and I also have 2 gallons as a spare mounted to my ladder. I wound up staying in the same place that I stopped in May, as I was traveling up north. It’s Rose Pond Park near the town of Blackfoot, Idaho. I even recall exactly where I stayed and it was open and available. However, there was a radio concert going on right around the corner. I wasn’t into listening to the “boom boom.” I found another spot just as a truck came with three ATV, mini bikes and kids who spent the next two hours driving around, mostly in the parking lot. I was actually concerned that they would come by too closely or lose control as these kids were probably only about eight years old.  Long story short I settled in nearby my first location, as it finally quieted down, but not until two trucks came by and started racing through the mini roadways to get down to the pond, really chewing things up. Ugh. I considered leaving altogether. The roads here are incredibly rutted, and unless you have a four wheel high clearance, there’s no getting to an even nicer spot along the pond. It’s raining, and just before bedtime, the clouds parted with a little peek of orange sun. Even though sometimes my spot is not perfect. I still focus on the good things about my travels.









Comments

  1. OMAGOSH...those photos!!! Gorgeous Frida! Those ATVs tho! UGH! Looks like you'll be home soon? Less than 1000 miles now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I could do without the noisy stuff. I try my best to find the serene, quiet campsites, and for the most part I do. I am close to home tomorrow is the ETA!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wiseman to Atigun Pass, AK

At home now… from the great 2023 Alaska Road Trip!

Heading south from Atigun Pass